UPDATED: Check Out the Stanley Kubrick's 'A.I.' Concept Art That Made It Good

UPDATE: After finding images from the film that match the concept art, I have to concede that the art is exactly the same. I never noticed it because the visuals were so integrated that they didn't stand out. So, I updated this post with screen caps and new title.

The movie A.I. (2001) was okay, but if it had some of Stanley Kubrick's trademark visuals it may have been great.

Back in 2001, the legendary director Stanley Kubrick was working on A.I. Artificial Intelligence based on the Brian Aldiss' short story "Super-Toys Last All Summer Long."

When he died in 1999, Steven Spielberg took it and produced a fairly successful film. But, imagine if the visuals below had been in the film.

Synopsis: A highly advanced robotic boy longs to become “real” so that he can regain the love of his human mother.

I know a couple of the artists are Chris Baker and Warren Manser, but there are others.



The Flesh Fair

The Flesh Fair


Post Humanity Ice Fields

Bridge entrance to Rogue City


Flesh Fair Moon Blimp

 Cryogenic Medical Facility

New York under water

 Rogue City

Moon

What do you think? Could have been even better?
Via io9

Comments

  1. Huh? Well from the original designs to the final there is almost no differences. Mabe you should make a comparaison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question. I'll see if I can track down some screencaps.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment